Tuesday 6 January 2009

Brilliant Red celebration card!

I was putting the card together when I got to this point and stopped, cos I really liked it just like this! But I wanted to finish the card with the complete design I had in mind, so I just took a few more photos of the part finished card so I had a record....


I braved free-hand writing again. I did almost miss-spell it, but hey, it's handwriting, not a computer print out...mistakes happen. Just don't look too closely, haha!




This is the original card I had in mind. I love the three stars, it's such a bright, vibrant card!




The stars were done with clear embossing on red card, then I sponged blue ink over the top. This makes the clear embossing pop. I layered them on blue card for a bit of an outline and doodled with white around the edges. I used a darker piece of red card and a background scribble stamp in white embossing for the background strip. I doodled a border around the edge of this too. I was going to use a piece of white for this, but I didn't want this to look like a 4th July card - it's only January (and in any case I don't celebrate this cos I'm not American).


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your feedback on my projects, it always makes me smile - thanks! =)