Wednesday 15 July 2009

Welcome Baby Girl!

Well, I fancied a bit of a change with this card...so I drew a scallop/cloud effect on the top of the front of the card and cut around it. To emphasise this, I doodled a border all around the edge of the card, using a repeat pattern of circle-dash-circle-dash just to have some variation on the usual faux stitching I favour.

The 'baby' stamp was done using a super cheap stamp set I picked up from a seaside bucket and spade shop of all places, for only £2! Even on holiday I'm looking for a crafting bargain ;0)

I also tried to make a faux button, simply using a circle punch out of a bit of pink card, and several layers of ultra thick embossing powder (UTEE). I really liked this effect, but when I do this again, I will definitely do some dry embossing on the card to begin with to make the starting piece have a more '3d' effect like a button normally does. I'd do this by debossing a slightly smaller circle in the centre of the button, just outside of the two punched holes. I'll be trying this soon and show it on video so you can get a better idea - it's really hard to explain without pictures/video!

Here is a close up of the 'button' - trust me, it looks better in real life, and it was worth doing, cos it was a lot of fun to play about with!

Below as usual is the video tutorial. Don't forget to watch it in high quality (press play and click on the 'HQ' button in the right hand corner of the video). Please head over to YouTube to rate and subscribe. I love hearing from you guys, so feel free to email me with any requests/comments/questions either below or over at YT. Thanks for watching! ;0)

2 comments:

  1. Fab card, love the scalloped edge!

    Jane :0)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello WENDY
    Would you be interested in creating tutorials for US. We are a digital store and we have many papers and stamps I believe you would love to create with it
    Please email me at
    customerservice@mygrafico.com

    and checkout or arts and crafts store
    www.mygrafico.com

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your feedback on my projects, it always makes me smile - thanks! =)