Monday 29 June 2009

And finally....a Prima Flower Card


Have you ever wondered where sequins come from? Answer: From a sheet of brightly coloured foil/metal, machine punched out in a repeated dot pattern. This punch-out is then sold on as ribbon. This is recycling at its best and is cheap as chips ;0)
So I was looking at this stuff (which isn't very inspiring to say the least), trying to think of a use for it on a card that wouldn't look too gaudy, and it got me thinking. So I had a bit of a play and came up with the border for this card. It was double the fun, cos I got to use spray paint and play like a kid, and I got a nice chocolate brown coloured bit of sequin punch-out that I can use on another project too!


This project is simple, because that's the way I like it. I am making no more excuses - I don't 'do' faffy cards, my style is definitely simple: I like 'em simple! A big 'prima' style flower, a funky label-type design cut out and stamped for the sentiment, border at the bottom then a ribbon to finish. And, as I finally got the editing done on the video, and got the thing published (pat on back for me), here it is below. Don't forget to click on the HQ button in the bottom right hand corner after pressing play. It really does make all the difference seeing it in higher quality.
Don't forget to hop over to YouTube and rate & subscribe!! Thanks so much for watching!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your feedback on my projects, it always makes me smile - thanks! =)