Wednesday 26 August 2009

Decoupage flower building & using flower cut-out to create patterned background

<Digimax S600 / Kenox S600 / Digimax Cyber 630>
So here is the card I hinted at yesterday! An exceptionally quick card to put together, with lovely rich summery colours…the weather here isn’t being very obliging, so I’m putting some sunshine in my craft room instead ;0)

Using pre-cut decoupage flowers, I’ll show you how to build the flower, and use the discarded cut-out shape to create your own background on your base card. This is a super-fast card, and super effective, especially when you consider how easy it is to create and achieve this effect!

<Digimax S600 / Kenox S600 / Digimax Cyber 630> <Digimax S600 / Kenox S600 / Digimax Cyber 630>
The flower papers I used are medium weight – just perfect for being strong enough not to tear and malleable enough to be teased into the shape you want. These papers are (unusually!) UK only papers, but I’m sure there are other just as delectable papers out there in other countries for you to try this technique.

The video below is shorter than normal, reflecting how quick this card was to create. I hope you enjoy watching this, and would love to hear any comments or questions that you may have. If you nip over to YouTube you can subscribe to my channel and rate the video to let other’s know what you thought of it.

Thanks for watching! ;0)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your feedback on my projects, it always makes me smile - thanks! =)