Sunday 20 February 2011

Have an Ele-fantastic Birthday!


I dreamt this card, then woke up, drew an elephant (!), made the stamps and produced the card. Sounds so easy…but I did have a very definite design in my head, and no stamps to achieve it, so this was the only way.

I even painted the nails of the elephants using Liquid Pearls in White Opal. Maybe a little bit obsessive?!?

The parquet design stamp was inspired by, well, parquet flooring (unsurprisingly). And I have taken a leaf out of the very amazing PapertreyInk’s book and made sure that the stamp I designed was ‘repeatable’ like their background stamps are. And you know what? It worked a treat =)

The elephant was just drawn with the help of my seriously awesome Wacom Bamboo Graphics tablet that Sarah recommended to me way back when and that I now cannot live without. I just can’t use a mouse properly anymore! A graphics tablet is just so much more sensible and easier to control when drawing on the computer.

Incidentally, the card is for my friend, Anna, who is crazy mad about elephants and all things zoo. Happy Birthday to you! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your feedback on my projects, it always makes me smile - thanks! =)