Saturday 3 April 2010

30th & 60th birthday’s for the men!

<Digimax S600 / Kenox S600 / Digimax Cyber 630>
Yet another of my friends turned 30 recently. I now feel so young – still just over a year to go for the big three-oh for me, he he! ;0)
<Digimax S600 / Kenox S600 / Digimax Cyber 630> My wonderful Dad also turned 60 last month, so I made a very similar card for him too (in fact his was the 1st!). For both cards, I’ve used some masculine-esque papers and done some antiquing using distress inks. This looks great as an edging effect and has the added bonus of covering up any errant craft-knife slip ups when cutting out! You could cut out such a card using a CraftROBO, but I fancied doing one by hand. Also, the cardstock I used was quite thick, so maybe a little much for my little ROBO. The ‘30’ card has the fold on the top edge, and the ‘60’ the fold is on the left.

These cards would’ve taken far too long to film, so I just had fun at my craft desk and went ahead and did them without the video. I don’t do this often enough! However, I may make a similar card to these soon and film it, now I know what I’m doing and can probably go a little quicker =)

<Digimax S600 / Kenox S600 / Digimax Cyber 630>
As for how I made these cards, I first made a template for these in Illustrator and printed it out on some copy paper. I then stuck it with removable adhesive onto the card front, onto which I had already stuck the patterned paper, using spray glue. Using a craft knife (and a lot of patience!), I cut out the template. I then sanded all my cuts using the Basic Grey Precision file set, & distressed all the edges using Distress Inks. I faux stitched all around the edges, added the ‘birthday’ stickers, then added the tag with an eyelet.

I really enjoyed making these cards, and they were definitely worth the effort, but they certainly aren’t ones you can whip up in half an hour!! I think each one took about 1.5hrs…both men loved their respective cards though - success!! Hope you like them too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your feedback on my projects, it always makes me smile - thanks! =)