Tuesday 1 March 2011

Flag Frame Birthday card

Ever get bored of the same old square/rectangular base cards? Well I thought I’d try something a little different and design a birthday card in the shape of a flag! No real reason, just thought it would be a cool shape to try!

This particular card is clearly for a feminine recipient, but the design could be easily customised into a very masculine card – even a patriotic card, which would be very timely with the Royal Wedding coming up next month =)

You could really go to town and totally bling it up, too. But that’s not my particular style, so you’ve got clean and simple from me as usual today, lol!

Don't you just love the way the card seems to hover in the air, because so little of it is actually touching the table top. Cute!

Video below – enjoy =)

Watch video below | Watch at YouTube

6 comments:

  1. Wow! what a beautiful card! great colors and this flag shape is so original idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are absolutely fabulous! I hope you dont mind me asking your advice on a couple of things, I've been watching your tutorials for a couple of months now and noticed you used a cuttlebug and another tool for your corners which are the best tools to buy? I've been dabbling in card making and jewellery but only very basic things and would love to progress....your help is much appeciated
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nikki I would suggest you buy only what you can afford and know you would use. This is totally down to personal style though, of course! You can do most things with just the basics, it just may take a little longer. I use my We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper on most cards and you can pick one of these up for about £20, but you could just use scissors & eye-ball a rounded corner shape.

    Only buy a Cuttlebug if you're sure you have a use for it, as it will set you back in the region of £50. I do love mine, but it's not for everybody.

    I have to say, I wouldn't be without my CraftRobo/Silhouette now, but this machine was £100 - so only buy if you've got a serious craft addiction like me, lol! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shape of the card. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy, I came across you YouTube page and just had to become one of your followers. Thanks so much. I was trying to get into making cards; but I didn’t know where to start. Thank to you I have some ideal now. Love Your Work.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your feedback on my projects, it always makes me smile - thanks! =)