Monday 16 June 2008

This card was made for a special friend. I had been brewing this design for some time, but after my upgrade to Vista, my ancient old scanner finally gave up the ghost. So, I saved up for a new one, and could start scanning in designs and playing around with images again.


I stamped some scribbly flower backgrounds onto some white paper, scanned them in and shrinked them down, then printed them out on bright pink paper for the main topper. I then went over each individual flower with my glue pen and black embossed each image.


The lighter pink background is clear stamped & embossed, however, when I do this card again, I'll white emboss it instead for more definition that's still subtle.


The stamped sentiment is from the Friendship Blossoms See-D's stamp set. I really like the sentiments in this set, but the flowers aren't much cop!


The box I developed from an idea from this tutorial and tied into the card by using the pinks and blacks and the scribbly flower stamp by Anita. next time I make a box like this, I will make more of the topper on the lid and make it 3d, but I didn't have a whole lot of time as life is quite busy at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Ouuuu! Oouuuu! A fellow scanner and glue-pen embosser. At last i am not alone, heehee. This is SO gorgeous. I would have never thought to scan stamps and scale them down. You're ingenious! Love it! The pink & black is really sweet too and that box looks awesome. :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your feedback on my projects, it always makes me smile - thanks! =)