Thursday 15 May 2008

Watercolour flowers


Another early card, the original design is taken from a book, which I will dig out and cite as soon as I can.
This taught me how to use my watercolour pencils and I had great fun experimenting with them! I love the effect because you feel you're being really artistic and the effect you get is really artistic, but it's actually just a simple case of colour in the lines, paying attention to where the 'light' hits!
Considering it's hand painted, this card did not take long. The only necessity is STAZ-ON ink pads so the image does not blur when you add water, and good quality card stock so the card doesn't warp when drying.
Have a go, it was so much fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your feedback on my projects, it always makes me smile - thanks! =)