Wednesday 14 May 2008

Wedding card


I've wanted to do a blog for ages, and now I've finally got around to it! I was asked to do this card for a work colleague LAST NIGHT to give to her today (nothing like last minute, eh?!), so I think I've made the best of what I could...her wedding 'theme' is lilac, not one of my favourite colours to work with so your comments on how it's turned out would be most appreciated.

I made this card by using a blank white cardstock (all I had!) covered with some patterned purple paper. Originally I'd ran the edges down a purple ink pad, but I didn't like the effect as the paper was too flimsy to do it properly. I stamped the writing stamp twice onto cream paper and used the second imprint, which was more muted. Then I added a flower (silk?) with an eyelet.

The two hearts were drawn free-hand on the reverse of the paper and cut out using a craft knife. I'm looking forward to getting my Cuttlebug so I can do this quicker and with more ease...but this gives the general idea.

I added the stamped 'Congratulations' in the absence of anything more weddingy, using a corner punch to cut out the notches, mounted it on the card using 3d stickys. I embellished it with a couple of ribbons and left the inside blank for people to write their own messages.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving your feedback on my projects, it always makes me smile - thanks! =)